Today, President Donald Trump joined tens of thousands of pro-lifers at the annual March for Life in the capital. He made history as the first US president to attend the event. He gave the following quote in his speech addressing the marchers:
“We are here for a very simple reason, to defend the right of every child born and unborn to fulfill their god-given potential…and today as the President of the United States, I am truly proud to stand with you.”President Donald Trump, 1/24/20
The crowd erupted in applause after nearly every sentence that the president said in support of their anti-abortion cause. Multiple types of groups were in attendance, including Catholic sisters and brethren, secularists, liberals against abortion, church youth groups, school trips, and college clubs. All of them had one thing in common; they believe that abortion is murder.
This was a bipartisan event that the President was smart to support. There are plenty of pro-life democrats who would vote for Trump if it came down to that single issue. For many, abortion is the single issue that matters when they arrive at the ballot box. President Trump may have won the support of enough activists to win this year’s election.
- Live Updates of Coronavirus
- Global Markets Tank as Coronavirus Outbreak Explodes in Italy, South Korea, and Iran
- UK Announces New Points-Based Immigration System That Will Limit Unskilled Workers, Non-English Speakers
- Mass Shooting Leaves Multiple Dead in German City of Hanau
- NBA All Star Saturday 2020 Predictions