ARLINGTON, Tx. (PM) — A medical examiner in Texas has ruled that Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died from an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol.
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs also suffocated by choking on his own vomit after an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol, according to the Tarrant County, Texas, medical examiner’s office.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office said in a report released Friday that Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone in his system along with alcohol.
The 27-year-old Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room in the Dallas area July 1 before the beginning of what was originally to be a four-game series against the Texas Rangers. The first game was postponed.